Testing the Instagram Feed
moe. is one of my favorite bands of the last several years, they really speak to me.
How cool would it be to walk into a Borders Books Store and see one of your favorite bands playing acoustically?!
If you like a little banjo pickin’, bluegrass rock, then this band may well be for you. Check out the sweet dancing hippies in the front. I can’t blame them however, these guys make me feel like dancing to.
These guys never really got the acclaim they deserved. Some of the best songs performed by Nirvana on the Nirvana MTV unplugged album were written by Cris and Curt Kirkwood, including the one below, “Plateau.”
They released a new album this year, “Sewn Together” and so far it may be my favorite of 2009.
Here’s an oldie but a Goodie:
Meat Puppets “Plateau” @ The Orpheum Theatre in Flagstaff, AZ March 20 2008
I’m going to post a few more videos of some of the music I’ve been listening to a lot lately. Please feel free to recommend some bands to me as well if they fit the Jam Bands/Folk Rock genre, thanks!
Hey All 3 of you who will see this. Check out this band from the Portland OR area, simply unreal, LOVE them!!!
Well we’re another year older as a country and what better way to celebrate than blowing a few fingers off?!
Black Cat Fireworks Recalls Fireworks Due to Injury Hazard – This is a funny one to me, I got this in the governments official recall email. Haven’t Black Cat fireworks and fireworks in general always posed a risk of injury?! I’m not sure if people know this but they get that cool exploding look and sounds from gun powder.
Gonna go see Wall-e this weekend, hopefully my daughter can make it the whole hour and a half.
More FREE design swag. These are a few sheets of ink splatters I made years ago. They’re great for background textures and “trendy” design. Gotta listen to what the clients want right even if it is a cliche.
Here you go, below and in the Free Swag section.
Lately my wife and I just can’t catch a brake on the movies we rent from Netflix, which is hardly their fault. Is it me or is just about 99% of the material coming out of hollywood these days a steamy pile?
There’s been a few exceptions: Iron Man, Horton Hears A Who (even though I never saw the ending, my 2 year old couldn’t last), and maybe a few others here and there, but mostly all junk.
So my list below got me thinking about all the recent movies I’ve rented (since we only get out to a max of 2 or 3 a year now) and absolutely hated, wished for your time and money back. The list is in no particular order except for how I remember them as I type:
1. 10,000 BS, I mean BC. – WOW, nothing can save this pile of crap.
2. Pathfinder – Who funds these things?!
3. Jumper – couldn’t get through, fell asleep
4. Cloverfield – This movie blew so badly, I thought I was going to puke from the camera style or have a seizure! I lasted about 10 minutes before we turned it off, o.k. I lied about 5 minutes.
5. Lions for Lambs – Do i really need another reason to hate Tom Cruise more?!
6. Smiley Face – Unwatchable, sounded like a good idea until the movie started.
7. Knocked Up – Why did people think this movie was funny? Horrible writing!
8. Children of Men – Sorry people, this one sucked as well.
9. Smokin’ Aces – One of the worst movies of all time.
10. The Break-Up – Enough said.
11. Fun with Dick and Jane
12. Good Night, and Good Luck – Great to fall asleep to
13. The Assassination of Richard Nixon – Ugggghhhhh
14. Superman Returns – Snore fest
15. Shooter – Absolute garbage
16. Cellular – mmmmmmm no!
17. Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen – Craptastic!
There’s a ton more and I’ll be updating this list as well as I think of more, and see more unfortunately.
I have a running list of movies that I will go to my grave never having viewed. I refuse to ever watch these movies, AIN’T gonna happen!
Without further ado, here’s the list:
1. Titanic – Leo Decrapprio
2. Steel Magnolias – A gaggle of annoying women
3. The Notebook – Who knows, who cares
4. Pursuit of Happiness – Will Smith
5. Sense and Sensibility – old Timey nonsense
I’ll keep updating this list as I think of more movies destined to never be viewed by my eyes.